Thursday, March 26, 2009

a Christmas Letter



To: You


Each year I see your face glad and exited. The sparkle of your eyes and that lovely smile you’ve always had when I grant your gifts and wishes. I also remember when the Christmas tree was being arranged; I stared at you as you look above it and dad would even put up a ladder so you can put the star on top of it. And I even remember the time when you asked mom to bake those delicious cookies and a glass of fresh milk for Santa and stayed up the whole night as you wait for him but you fell asleep.

Walking with you the whole time, I saw the changes during this season. The colorful streets filled with sparkling lights, the tall buildings with precious decorations, the singing choir on the streets, the tasty ham on our refrigerator and most of all, your most expensive socks that you never wore and just hang it up on the chimney every year.

But honestly, I’m quite disappointed for some reasons that only some people could notice me during this Christmas. All they see is just that fat guy wearing that red coat and red pants and who rides on those flying reindeers and gives all of those gifts. For some kids, Santa Claus is a sign of Christmas. A sign of hope that for just one day, their family would be complete; for just one day that they’ll have lots of delicious food on their plates; some would even spend their night doing happy things. But what lies within these preparations is all about me. But sad to say that only few people remembers me. It’s my birthday.

But do you the saddest part? Some people even erase me from Christmas. And as I see on some presents they even put an “X” as a replacement of my name so that it would be shorter…X-mas… Why? Is it just because its too long or not that unique? A butterfly cant be a butterfly if it has no “butter” on its name.

You know I don’t expect much because I love you. But what I really want you to realize is that the true spirit of Christmas is not only giving food for the poor nor giving presents, decorating, caroling or eating. But it is having compassion and loving the people around you and showing care and importance to them even though it’s not Christmas.

Just call me anytime you need me. And let’s talk during Sundays. I hope that an hour is fine with you. See you on the chapel.

I love you!

From: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment